Join your team in a Climate Challenge to save the most CO₂ emissions and make sustainability and positive climate action part of your culture.
Ducky for Change supports businesses, communities and schools create an environment for climate action in an engaging, collaborative way. By recording positive actions through the Ducky app through fun challenges in CO2 Reduction, Food Waste, Plastics and Mindful Citizenship, our research shows this leads to long term behavioural change
To make this happen, Global Action Plan has partnered with Ducky, a Norwegian organisation bring this unique solution to Ireland and together we have piloted out Ducky in schools and businesses around Ireland.
How your campaign will work:
- Together we run a climate challenge of your choice over two weeks in your organisation, group or school.
- You group into teams based on your structure eg. departments or collaboration groups, community groups or classes in your school, who will work together during the challenge.
- You and your team leading the project spread the word about the challenge in your organisation. Get the interest going, get people talking about it and ready to act (and compete against other teams)
- The campaign begins. Your teams collaborate together to take tangible actions to reduce their carbon footprint and impact on the environment. They record their actions on the Ducky platform and encourage their team members to do the same.
- At the end of the campaign – celebrate all the successes – the winners, the changes and the challenges.
With the Ducky platform, your business will be able to see the change and celebrate the success together.
Why Ducky? – www.ducky.eco/en
GAP’s digital partner, Ducky, provides a digital platform that has a sole focus, enabling climate action. It has been developed to support and enhance community driven climate action programmes and give a space to participants to document and record their actions and provide positive feedback on the impact these actions are having. Adding in a competitive, gamified approach, with participants working in groups to record their actions brings a more comprehensive community aspect to action.
The research from the Ducky team and behavioural researchers they work with is that they see real meaningful change with participants who engage with it daily – from this, participants form 2 to 3 new habits they never done before and they get reinforced. The accumulation of these new actions or habits at a community level have the potential to have a significant impact on CO2 reduction.
It’s time to get our ducks in a row and time to join the Climate Challenge today!