During the second ever European Sustainable Development Week, GAP worked with 6th Class students to learn about Global Citizenship.
The Global Goals for Sustainable Development which came into effect this year, and aim to achieve three extraordinary things by 2030:
- END POVERTY
- COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE
- FIGHT INJUSTICE AND INEQUALITY
Student discussions were led by these key questions:
- What kind of a world do you want to live in?
- Which of the new Global Goals for Sustainable Development will help fight Climate Change?
- How will the Global Goals affect young people?
- How are they relevant in Ireland?
- How can you help achieve them?
Our interactive presentation and discussion-based workshop focused on these new Global Goals, giving the youth of Ireland a voice to respond locally, nationally and globally to these targets.
ESD Week 2016 – 30th May to 5th June
The European Sustainable Development Week (ESDW) is an initiative facilitating the promotion of sustainable development, and recognises these efforts on a common platform. The recently adopted global 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Goals (SDGs) articulate the issues that call for urgent action at all levels and by all stakeholders.